Happy Victoria Day to our northern neighbours! (That’s a day celebrating Queen Victoria’s birthday with merriment and festivities!)
I have the honor of hearing many great geographers and scholars in my job as the Webinar Coordinator for the National Council for Geographic Education. This past Wednesday, our topic was Canada with Dave McDowell. He did a beautiful job sharing how we share so many aspects of climate, geography and population. In addition, he highlighted some amazing differences that present excellent examples to discuss in your classroom when comparing countries. He shared some excellent resources that I’m sure can benefit many folks out there!
- Study Canada at the University of Washington http://www.k12studycanada.org/
- Teaching Canada at the University of Maine http://umaine.edu/
- Tom Brokaw Video on Canada (excellent overview piece) http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Maps (for lots of places!) http://geoalliance.asu.edu/
- America 2050 http://www.america2050.org/